Meet our team
Want to join our team?
VC Internship - 40hrs/w
What do we offer
Walvis offers an internship to an ambitious and entrepreneurial student who has completed or is in the final phase of his/ her master studies. We offer a challenging 4 to 6-month program to gain practical skills and knowledge in the field of Venture Capital with a focus on Internet technology companies.
We work in an energetic and dynamic team consisting of 9 people. As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and have corresponding responsibilities. These include trend analysis and market research, searching and evaluating new investment opportunities, competitor analyses, assisting in due diligence for new investments, attending meetings with entrepreneurs and assisting investment managers on portfolio management tasks.
You will receive a monthly compensation as well as a compensation for travel expenses.
Due to (i) our portfolio companies, (ii) our focus on Internet technology and (iii) the world as our playing field, we promise you ”Never A Dull Day At Walvis” and lots of fun!
Skills you need
- University degree (or in final phase of master studies) with excellent grades in Business Administration, Finance, Economy/ Econometrics, Strategy and/ or technical studies
- Pro-active, ambitious and entrepreneurial driven mind set
- Inherent curiosity about Internet technology, loves to read tech-crunch and attends start-up pitch events
- Excellent analytical, communication and networking skills, flexible self-starting team player
- Relevant extra-curricular activities
- Fluency in English and Dutch
Interested in this challenging opportunity? Please send your resume and motivation to Mirna Pool